Friday, January 29, 2016

Chef B: Avocado Pasta's For Lunch

I've seen Avocado pasta floating around the internet forever now, but even though I have a major obsession with avocados, I haven't given it a shot yet. I just couldn’t really imagine warm avocado sauce. It’s not that I had a problem with warm avocados, they’re delicious! As was this pasta, when I finally decided to give it a shot.

The best thing about this recipe is that it comes together as fast as instant mac and cheese. You just have to boil your pasta, blend your sauce and it's ready to serve. I went with bowties because bowties are my favorite kind of pasta. I also threw an egg on top because in my world, eggs and avocados go together like mac and cheese.
This was kind of similar to how mac and cheese tastes too, texture-wise. It’s super creamy and rich without it feeling too overwhelming. It’s definitely a top dish and one of my favorites and has so many possibilities! Next time I’m going to change up the herbs and add some spices too!

Avocado Pasta recipe 
* 3 OUNCES PASTA OF CHOICE
* 1/2 AVOCADO, PITTED AND PEELED
* 1 CLOVE GARLIC, SMASHED
* SMALL HANDFUL OF CILANTRO, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
* JUICE OF 1/4 LIME (1/2 TABLESPOON OF JUICE)
* 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
* SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER, TO TASTE
* 1 FRIED EGG, IF DESIRED
* ROUGHLY CHOPPED CILANTRO (OPTIONAL)
Cook your pasta according to the package. While the pasta is cooking, add the avocado, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil to a blender and blend it well. When the pasta is cooked, save 2 tablespoons of pasta water to keep it from being too dry. Toss the pasta with the avocado sauce, thinning with pasta water if it is too watery. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with a fried egg and cilantro, if you'd like. And lastly,  enjoy!

 

3 comments:

  1. Loving your blog 100% already. Cant wait to read more post about different types of food to try and cook for myself. You Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazingly yummy! I might even try to make this for my family tonight. Keep on posting these great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow pero que yummy. I Cant cook but this looks easy maybe ill try it tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete